Sunday, September 12, 2010

WORLD CUP OF POOL 2010 : CHINA OVERCOMES THE PHILIPPINES

Fu and Li of China destroyed the Philippine tandem of Orcollo and Gomez to win the 2010 World Cup of Pool. The Chinese duo effectively silenced the homecourt crowd by playing with greater strategy and accuracy. The Philippine team self-destructed by commiting several huge mistakes that eventually spelled its defeat. After a spectacular win in the semifinals, the Philippines commited error after error that left the crowd and televiewers dumbfounded. The match ended with China winning 10 racks against the 5 of the Philippines.
What I found irritating was the decision of the Philippine team to order Starbucks coffee during the match. At a time when much attention, concentration and composure were needed, the Philippine team had the gall to order and drink coffee. It just reminded me of someone who chose to eat than to attend to more pressing matters. And the scenario of China going up against the Philippines was strangely so familiar as well.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I love about the City Buzz. Always updated, and very keen on observation. I agree that the Philippine team should not have ordered coffee. I mean, I don't know much about pool but I could imagine the caffeine messing up with the players' nerves.

    ReplyDelete