Friday, January 28, 2011

GOODBYE PBA, GOOD RIDDANCE

After I get to interview Coach Chot Reyes, I promise not to interview anymore any other PBA personality. I simply cannot stand the ways of the PBA.
For the second time around, I failed to meet Coach Chot for a scheduled interview. I waited for more than 3 hours outside Araneta to be able to finally conduct the interview with the Talk and Text coach. It would have been a lot easier for me if I had my PBA press card with me to gain entry and access to Araneta. But I have yet to get my card 3 months after my editor asked the PBA to work on it. I can't help but think that my card is taking such a long time to process because of  the negative articles I wrote about certain PBA personalities in the past.
I tried to look for a liason officer of the PBA to help me tell Coach Chot that I was merely outside Araneta for the scheduled interview. But I did not find one. I am sure that the PBA can afford to hire an officer who could act as the facilitator between the PBA and fans and sports writers. I could have easily conducted the interview had an officer attended to my needs that particular night.
Lastly, it would greatly help if the PBA personnel had mobile phones that they could use to coordinate things among themselves. From my experience last night, a person would have to go from one gate to the other just to transact a particular business among the PBA personnel. A mobile phone among the people of the PBA would certainly make things a lot easier for everyone.
Since I cannot stand stand the way the PBA does things, I have come to a decision to stay away from the PBA as far as possible. From now on, I promise to focus on other athletes in other sports. It will now become my advocacy to promote unknown athletes who manage to bring honor to the country. I will use my sad and tiring experience with the PBA to write for a greater purpose.

8 comments:

  1. coach chot is in the middle of a championship series. even us, regular fans, know that. the coaches' focus, the players and the teams too are all focused on the games they have to play. seriously, i believe, you understand that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear anonymous,
    thank you for reading my post.
    the problem does not lie with coach chot reyes. in fact, he graciously accepted my request for an interview. the problem is with the pba people who messed things up. i could have conducted the interview that night had the pba helped out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buti nga sayo.kawawa naman yong bagong sport m.tiyak marami naman ang masisirang pangalan sa wlang hiyang blog m.kng gusto n chot reyes magpainterview sana nagpainterview n syaalam m kasi si chot hndi nagpapainterview sa wlang kwentang taong naninira ng puri.pweeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear anonymous,
    thank you for reading my post.
    coach chot reyes has been a great person through all the delays in our interview. at least si coach nagpapainterview. idol mo, sa sobrang daming tinatago, di kayang humarap sa interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah talaga.bkt nainterview m n b c chot?kaya k nga nagtampo sa pba kasi hndi m mainterview c chot.ikaw n nagsabi na wla k ng ibang interviewin kundi c chot lng.pareho lng kayo ni chot gagawin ang lahat kahit masama para maging magaling sa mata ng tao.kawawa naman kayo.syanga pala idol k pala si cagiua.may tinatago b c cagiua?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear anonymous,
    i am upset with in the way the pba does things. naghihintay na sa akin si coach chot, ayaw pa ako papasukin. kung naging maayos lang ang pagtulong nila sa akin eh di walang problema. paano kasi, yung mga kakilala lang nila pinapapasok nila. kaya kahit may legitimate business ka, huli ka pa rin sa aasikasuhin nila.
    and about coach chot, all i know is that he's a four-time coach of the year in the pba.
    keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weeee.naghihintay daw.bkit hndi k pumunta sa moro kng saan sila nagpapraktis.hndi m n kailangan ng permit ng pba.trabaho parang wla kng alam.kng talagang magpapa interview sa sayo.tanong k lng ano nga pala tinatago ni cagiua??

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear anonymous,
    thanks for reading my post.
    please note that it was coach chot who told me to go to araneta for the interview. bakit ako pupunta ng ateneo gym kung sinabi nga mismo ng iinterviewhin ko na sa araneta siya magpapainterview ? may angkin ka rin ano ?
    keep reading.

    ReplyDelete