Thursday, November 4, 2010

WANTED : BIBLE STUDY GROUP

I terribly miss bible studies. I miss going to a particular place and meeting a group of people to study the word of God. I miss sharing, giving and receiving hope and building friendships. And I truly miss the advice and support of people who share a Christian perspective.
Unfortunately, I cannot go back to my old bible study group. I truly disagree with the group's most basic doctrines. I cannot see myself towing the line of a particular church whose doctrines are incompatible with what Scriptures say.
So, hard as it may be, I hope to form my own bible study group in Makati. The park near Makati Stock Exchange will be a good and convenient venue to conduct bible studies. The green trees, fresh air and stone benches make the park an ideal place for discernment and reflection. The main problem is how to get people to attend the bible studies every Friday at 6:00 pm. Through this blog, I hope that word gets around that bible studies are being conducted in the heart of Makati. I will make sure that each session will be inspiring, encouraging, truthful, joyful and fun for everyone. With God's help, I know that the hard task will become light.

No comments:

Post a Comment