Sunday, November 14, 2010

18 YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP LOST BECAUSE OF A CCF PASTOR

A few days ago, I got a confirmation that a friend has decided to throw away 18 years of friendship. The sad part of it all is that it is all the fault of a pastor of CCF.
The pastor instructed my friend to confront me about my blog. The pastor wanted me to apologize for and take back what I wrote. My friend blindly followed what the pastor wanted him to do. My friend said so many things to make it appear that I was the one at fault. Since I had no intentions of retracting my statements, I politely told my friend that I was standing by with my statements. I politely said my goodbye and wished him the best.
It has been 8 months since that confrontation. While I still blame the pastor for the incident, I can truly say that I still consider my friend a good friend. After all, I do understand that he wanted to protect his position in the church. Hence, he did not really have much of a choice but to obey the orders of the pastor.
But my friend recently turned down an invitation to a reunion with college friends. I went out of my way to invite him to such a rare get-together. Three of our friends have been based abroad for the past several years so a reunion was impossible until now. Sadly, my friend chose not to see his old friends. I just feel sad that my friend has decided to throw away 18 years of friendship for a pastor who I have shown to have lied so shamelessly. It was like throwing a good thing for something worthless.

3 comments:

  1. This is so sad! Goes to show though the shallowness of the friendship... Maybe it wasn't friendship at all. S/he was just a very good acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,just call me mr.manpower, i am recently a agenices manpower worker in ccf lst feb. I want to reveal this,.ang pagiging hndi nla fair s mga manpower,,now! Recently ang sahod namin ay 404 pesos and 63 pesos ang overtime rate,dhl sa nag.cost cutting ang admin ng ccf bnawasan nla ang lhat ng pasok ng regular into 5 or 4 days and nag cut down din ang o.t rate nmin into P50 which is mean hindi tama at labag s batas, ang sabi db? I tama ang mali? Ngaun gumawa km ng letter regarding the cutting of days and o.t rate,.at nagulat km, laht km suspendido ng 15 days at nang.mag.report km s agency namin,d n km pnabalik s duty na utos dw ito ng admin manager? So let me ask u? May mali ba kaming gnwa s hakbang na ginawa namin? We just want to right the wrong rules that they implemented? Ngayon kmi pa ang napa sama? Sya? < admin manager> nag.babasa ng biblia? Or may pusong christian b cia s decision n kanyang gnwa? 8 kaming natangal! At kami dn ang inaasahan ng aming pamilya na mag.papakain s pamilya namin! Now let me mentione those name of ccf admin manager, Mr.Edwin Tan ,,icpn nya ang dulot na gnwa nya na d namn tlga dapat naging mali! Salamat po at sana maiparating nyo to sa mga ccf'er thanks and godbless

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear mr. manpower,
    ganun nga sa ccf. tatanggalin ka nila pag lumaban ka sa kanila. matagal ko nang sinasabi na may kasamaan ugali ng mga namumuno sa ccf. sa yaman ng ccf, nakuha pa nilang magpasweldo nang di tama ? gusto kitang makausap. you can call or text me at 09228112275.
    salamat.

    ReplyDelete