Sunday, February 27, 2011

END OF MY WRITING CAREER ?

I got an unexpected text message from my editor saying that I will no longer write for Bandera. I asked my editor the reason behind my termination. I was told that it was part of the cost cutting measures that Bandera was implementing. I asked my editor if I could still write for Bandera even without pay. My editor did not respond.
I can't help but think there's more to my termination than mere cost cutting. I remember that things started to go downhill for me when I upset a governor of one of the teams in the PBA. My blog posts concerning the over-hyped Azkals, I think, did not help my cause either. Then there's the controversy which I dared to tackle concerning two swimming groups. Interestingly, I tweeted a PBA personnel asking whether it is truly James Yap who tweets under the name jcy18 the day before I got terminated.
Still, I am thankful to my editor for giving me the opportunity to write for Bandera. It enabled me to meet sports personalities, some of whom have become my good friends. But I certainly wish I could still write for Bandera. even without pay. After all, I truly believe that money should not be a main concern in a profession like writing for a paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment