Friday, October 22, 2010

THE WINNERS OF GOLDILOCK'S PAGBABAGO CONTEST

I attended last night the awarding ceremonies of Goldilock's blog-writing contest. Expecting to emerge the winner of the contest, I chose to miss out on Ginebra's game to attend the awarding ceremonies. Despite the fact that there were more than 100 contestants, I knew that I stood a good chance of winning and bringing home an Ipad. The great treatment I got from the people of Goldilocks and Nuffnang throughout the contest convinced me that they liked my work.
Goldilocks served dinner during the night for the invited contestants and their guests. Being the pig that I am, I heartily ate whatever was placed before me. When the awarding ceremonies started, my excitement grew. It was such a weird feeling to keeping smiling whenever someone else's name was called. Alas, when the ultimate winner was announced and it was not me, my heart sank. I came so close only to lose in the end.
But I am just so happy for the winners. Their stories reflected the triumph of the human spirit. In fact, I took the opportunity to have my picture taken with the grand winner. In her wheelchair and not being able to hear me, she gamely posed for a picture. I also talked to her parents to tell them how proud I am to know their daughter through Goldilocks.
Cliche as it may sound, I am truly happy just to be in the company of the winners. I thank Goldilocks for allowing me to experience and realize that despite the changes in people's lives, God is ever-present  to give hope and joy to everyone.




2 comments:

  1. I was there too :)
    Like you, I was happy for the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey EFD It's kinda wierd that your blog has a lot of traffic but your'e not taking advantage of it by putting up ads. You even surpassed my other favorite blog, Fire Quinito in a category in which I'd expect the latter to do better. Anyway, if you have time, kindly check out my post about the big change in the top ten of topblogs.com.ph

    ReplyDelete