Thursday, December 9, 2010

SOL MERCADO : INTENSITY WITH A HEART

I just finished an interview with Rain or Shine's main man, Sol Mercado. Days before the interview, I was a bit apprehensive at how Sol would react and respond to the more controversial questions that I prepared. To make matters worse, I was coming in after Sol lost his temper with Rabeh Al-Hussaini, who I interviewed just a week ago.
But I got the biggest surprise of my life when Sol Mercado turned out to be such an excellent subject for an interview. He answered each question that I threw at him with so much intelligence and honesty. He dared to speak his mind out on certain topics which other players would not dare speak against. He presented his ideas well in an orderly and precise manner. Like Rabeh Al- Hussaini ( hehehe ), Sol Mercado spoke with great honesty and made no excuses for it.
But what really made me completely satisfied with the interview was that Sol Mercado showed a side of himself that the public does not often see. The interview showed me that despite the temper and intensity of Sol Mercado, the man has a caring heart for the people around him. It was such a delight indeed to see Sol Mercado in a completely different light. It was a joy to see and realize that behind the ferocious behavior on the court, Sol has a good heart that is truly remarkable.

1 comment: