Wednesday, August 18, 2010

TITHING : ONCE AGAIN WITH FEELINGS

I had a great discussion with a Christian friend regarding tithing once again. Our discussion started when he asked me why I consider most pastors deceitful when it comes to encouraging their followers to tithe. I then proceeded to tell my friend the lies that pastors tell to promote tithing.
The reason why I am just so passionate with my oppositon to pastors who preach tithing is that it involves manipulation of God's word to deceive people. Pastors, of all people, must be the ones to tell the truth about the true meaning of God's word all the time. Yet, a lot of these pastors twist the word of God to serve their own interests. Worse, they propagate lies with shamelessness and impunity. Church members are so afraid to confront these pastors for fear of being branded as troublemakers enabling pastors to do as they want.
I think that pastors must first know the true meaning of God's word before spreading certain doctrines. It is the height of irresponsibility to be teaching and spreading beliefs which do not have biblical support. What I consider unforgivable is that they manipulate bible verses to serve their selfish purposes. These pastors must be held accountable for their lies, deception and abuses. A true Christian for me is one who does not allow abuses to continue. Christianity is all about helping people see the truth and allowing them to experience the greatness of God through a true appreciation of His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment