Monday, August 30, 2010

NOT A MAJOR MAJOR MISTAKE

My conflict with CCF and its pastors resulted in my expulsion from my bible study group. It left me with nothing to do every Thursday night. Refusing to sulk, I volunteered at a nearby shelter for street kids. But instead of tutoring every Thursday night, I was assigned to teach every Saturday. And I was assigned only one student to take care of. While others had several students under their care, I was assigned to just one. The student who was assigned to me turned out to be a tough street smart kid who had no interest at all to go to school. He simply passed from one year level to the next because he would simply do a project to make up for his failing marks.
Slowly but surely, my student developed the habit of doing his homework. I would find his notebooks full of well-written notes. He would come prepared for every tutorial session. His test scores improved as well.
Last weekend, I was simply overjoyed to hear that my student passed the first grading period with ease. From being a problem child, he has turned into a responsible student.
Now, I understand why God revealed to me the things I discovered about CCF. Now, I understand why I had to be removed from my bible study group. God has intended to use me in another way.
I am simply overjoyed and amazed to see and feel God's wonderful hand in the things I went through. He turned my defeat into victory. He turned my sorrow into joy. I am so thankful to God for allowing me to experience His greatness. Now, I am thinking of rendering my services to a nearby public school to allow God to use me in a bigger way. I hope to see and feel God's great work manifest itself in the students who I will encounter and teach. To God be the glory !

No comments:

Post a Comment