Wednesday, June 23, 2010

REMEMBERING A FRIEND

As I lined up for some freebies from Pascual Laboratories, I remembered a friend. This friend of mine belongs to the bible study group that I used to be a part of. With the conflict that resulted from my blog, I did not have the chance to at least say thank you to this friend of mine . Countless times, he would welcome me in his condo unit and feed me until I become full. Countless times too he would pick me up for events that we have to go to. He would always reply to my text as well without fail. Often, his messages would contain words of wisdom and encouragement. Those are the things I cannot deny and forget. As we exchanged text messages, he told me he just resigned from work to take on a new job in Singapore. While I am happy for him, I can't help but feel sad that another friend who refuses to judge people based on religious beliefs will soon leave. It seems that people who I get along with leave the country. But I am praying for him as well as other friends too who have left the country to work abroad. I am confident that our friendships will stand the test of time and great distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment