Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A PLEASANT SURPRISE FROM PONG ESCOBAL

When I was deciding who to interview next for Bandera, several PBA players came to mind. James Yap crossed my mind initially. But James Yap is not the type who talks openly and deeply about things in his career or personal life. Much of the superstars of the PBA, like James, are not that articulate and great interview subjects. So I finally decided to interview one of the latest additions to the Sta. Lucia team who has been playing with marked improvement lately. I decided to interview Pong Escobal hoping that he turns out to be a good conversationalist and insightful player.
To my great surprise, Pong Escobal is the great conversationalist and intelligent player that I hoped him to be. He gamely answered controversial questions straight to the point. He answered questions that needed reflection with great insight. Best of all, he had a sense of humor that made his response to some questions truly revealing. The interview showed me what a great person Pong Escobal truly is.
Because of Escobal, I will continue to interview players who strive to play their best but are seldom given the chance to open themselves up to the public. Hopefully, my next interview will likewise reveal another great player and person like Pong Escobal.

2 comments:

  1. Hoy wag k ng mag interview ng pba players.ang sama sama m talaga.ang tinanong m lng naman kay escobal kng ano name nya.interview daw.cnungaling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo nga na surprise sya sa sinagot sa kanya:im pong....hahaha

    ReplyDelete