Sunday, June 27, 2010

THE PUZZLING JAMES YAP

I find something wrong with the way James Yap tries to impress on people how much he values his private life. He says he values his privacy and yet he loves to bask in the limelight. He refuses to say the reason why Kris left him this time around but grants an interview nonetheless. He attends the presentation of the men who matter most in the Philippines less than 24 hours after his wife left him. Such actions don't reveal to me a person who treasures his privacy immensely.
I find it uncanny too that James talks almost anything about himself except his affairs of the heart. Could it be just a simple case of being a gentleman ? Or could it be more of trying to keep silent so as not to open a can of worms ?
Perhaps, there is something in James Yap that people still don't know. Perhaps, it could be the reason why Kris Aquino can't find comfort in her married life. Will the real James Yap please stand up.

4 comments:

  1. I don't see anything wrong in "basking in the limelight". I mean, who doesn't want to be popular? Who doesn't want to be recognized for his efforts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear hotdog stand,
    thanks for reading my blog.
    there are people who are typically shy and refuse to be in the limelight. they go about their jobs without much fanfare. but there are others who love to make a big deal of their work. james, for me, is an enigma because he wants to have a private family life yet he marries a top celebrity who cannot keep her mouth shut.
    while i hold the opinion that james yap is himself a basketball superstar, his marriage to kris further complicated his celebrity status. it just all the more denies him of what he relentlessly pursues : a quiet private married life.
    keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'll keep reading your blog. I do enjoy it despite the two of us differing in opinions. I'm kinda neutral about James and Kris. I like them both, although I must admit you've presented your arguments well in that blog entitled "The Big Difference".

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear hotdog stand,
    thank you for the kind words. i might come out with an interview on pong escobal for the tabloid bandera. hope you'll buy an issue as well.
    keep reading.

    ReplyDelete