Saturday, June 1, 2013

ATENEO AS SHAKEY'S V-LEAGUE SEASON 10 CHAMPION : LIKE




I am all set to cheer for NU for tomorrow's winner-take-all championship match between Ateneo and NU. But something has made me change my mind.

NU did not allow its players to play with Bomberinas in their championship match against Air Force at the Philippine National Games. Bomberinas eventually lost the match to put their claim to being the national team in jeopardy. With the loss, things look uncertain for the Bomberinas.

I find it utterly selfish for NU to disallow its players from playing with Bomberinas in that crucial match against Air Force. In the first place, the PNG game did not come into conflict with the Shakey's V-League game. In fact, the Shakey's V-League match is a day after the PNG match. Secondly, knowing that the Bomberinas are being monitored if fit to be considered a national team, NU, at the very least could have allowed its players to play to ensure that the Bomberinas will play in full force. But NU chose to protect its interest at the expense of others.

So, for tomorrow, I am rooting for Ateneo. I am praying that Valdez and company play their best to win the championship title. I hope that the team plays with a heart of a true champion. And I pray that Coach Roger Gorayeb is blessed with a championship that he, more than anyone else, richly deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment