Sunday, July 4, 2010

OF LOST ATM CARDS, FRIENDS AND GOD'S LOVE

What was suppose to be a relaxing afternoon last Saturday turned into quite a stressful moment for me. I was set to go bowling with some friends when I realized that I lost my active atm cards. I must have thrown the cards in the trash can when I threw all the useless receipts and calling cards from my wallet before leaving my place. To make things worse, my friends backed out on our bowling game. So, I was all by myself at SM North Edsa with fifty bucks in my pocket. And fifty bucks simply could not get me anywhere.
I decided to call Gelo first since he and his family live nearby. Unfortunately, he was not answering my call. I then called Jojo and told him that I was in trouble. He promised to get in touch with Jenny, Gelo's wife, to somehow contact Gelo and that he would call me back to relay what plan they come up with. After a minute, Gelo called to ask me where I was and how much money I needed. After thirty minutes, Gelo and Jenny dropped by to hand me the money that I needed. I thanked them so much for their help and concern.
When I got home, I heaved a big sigh of relief and had a heartfelt moment as I realized how truly blessed I am to have friends who I can depend on in times of great need. Gelo and his family were set to go to the airport that time yet took a stopover to hand me the money that I needed to get home and use for two days. Jojo, when informed that I was in trouble, immediately asked how he could help. His first impulse was to deliver help and not ask how I got into trouble. While there were others who were willing to help as well, Gelo and Jojo stood out from the rest at that particular time as they took the initiative to help. While the whole episode was initially stressful, its conclusion truly comforted me with the thought that God loves me as shown by the kind of friends that He has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment