Wednesday, May 4, 2016

WHY THE COMING ELECTIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO A SPORTS WRITER LIKE ME

courtesy of bastretke.com
I am not a typical sports writer. I do not merely report on box scores. I do not merely report on sporting events. I dare to write about issues that other sports writers will not write about. I dare expose corruption in Philippine sports.

My advocacy has taken my writings to the highest sports governing bodies of the world. Modesty aside, I believe I am one of the few Filipino sports writers who consistently writes to international media and sports organizations to present the various forms of oppression and corruption that seem endemic to Philippine sports.

Through all the issues I have presented, I realize the importance of how the international community perceives a Filipino. That the view of what and who a Filipino is, is extremely important in presenting a case. That my credibility is somehow attached to being a Filipino.

Thus, I pray that the coming elections bring out what the international community will perceive as something honorable, admirable and worthy of respect. That the elections will tell the whole world that the Filipino is intelligent and worth listening to. That the election will bring forth a Philippine president who will prioritize sports and all the good values they hold.

I truly hope that the coming elections bring out the best in every Filipino. It will really make my work a lot easier if the world sees the nobility of the Filipino race in the coming elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment