Wednesday, May 6, 2015

USA VOLLEYBALL CEO DOUG BEAL ON THE PHILIPPINE VOLLEYBALL CONFLICT



Dear Eric----I am not sure I can easily answer all your questions.  I think you must go the FIVB web site and carefully read the most recent edition of the FIVB Constitution for most of these answers.  Generally I believe the Congress has most of the final authority for any decision of NF affiliation.  I do not believe that either the President of the Ex Com or even the Board can change a NF without Congress approval.  Surely with any change of NF affiliation or recognition by the FIVB some official notification must take place and also there would seem to be an opportunity for the old NF to be heard.  I suspect there is always appeal to CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport).  Best wishes,   DB

Doug Beal is the present CEO of USA Volleyball. He is a two-time Olympic gold medalist and is responsible for the great improvement of Team USA in volleyball. He sits as a board member in FIVB and is a Hall of Famer.

No comments:

Post a Comment