Saturday, May 30, 2015

A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN GOING TO SEAG

Today, I will get an FIVB certificate for completing a course on beach volleyball coaching.

It all started when I asked PVF President Boy Cantada if I could drop by the venue to see just how FIVB conducts a course. I also know that the instructor, Mr. Athanasios Papageorgiou is a world-renowned volleyball author. So I really wanted to observe the classes.

But Mr. Cantada insisted that I attend the classes instead of just being an observer. He took me in as his scholar.

More than the FIVB certificate that I will get, what truly touches my heart is the desire of Mr. Cantada and Philippine Volleyball Federation (PVF) to better myself. The course now gives me a better understanding of both indoor and outdoor volleyball which will help me write more effectively about the sport. And who knows, I might just end up coaching a beach volleyball team in the future.

This desire to better one's self and to give the best possible opportunity in life is what separates PVF from the other group that is claiming legitimacy. I experienced it and therefore now know how PVF is willing to give something that is just too great to pass up on. It is much like what PVF gave to the players of Amihan and Bagwis. Players of Amihan and Bagwis were given the opportunity of a lifetime to represent the country while enjoying the best financial support ever given to volleyball players.

Through this post, I wish to thank Sir Boy, Coach Otie, Sir Gerard, Sir Karl, Weng and Kuya Rodel for giving me a wonderful opportunity and experience to better myself.

Maraming-maraming salamat po.


No comments:

Post a Comment