Sunday, August 18, 2013

THE SBP OFFICIAL, PCSM DOCTOR AND DISCOVERY PERLAS : THE CONTINUING SAGA

As what I wrote in a previous post, a very reliable source volunteered the information that an SBP official requested a doctor from Philippine Center for Sports Medicine to issue a medical certificate stating that the players of Discovery Perlas are not fit to play and represent in the coming SEA Games. The doctor, however, refused to grant the request of the SBP official. The SBP official then proceeded to ask the PCSM doctor if he knows of another doctor who will gladly grant his request.

I would have not paid much attention to the piece of information had a PSC official not brought it up during our recent conversation. I asked the PSC official if Discovery Perlas can finally participate in the SEA Games now that SBP has endorsed the team last August 5. I was so taken aback when the PSC official said that the team's SEA Games trip is not yet definite as the players' health and fitness are questionable. It does not require a rocket scientist to connect what the PSC official said to what the SBP official requested from the PCSM doctor.

I tried to talk to the PCSM doctor to settle the issue once and for all. But despite visiting PCSM for four straight days and staying for at least five hours each day, I failed to get a response from the doctor. I even left my number with the doctor's secretary, since day one, to no avail.

I too called up the SBP official to get his side of the story. While he categorically denied asking the PCSM doctor to issue a negative medical certificate for Discovery Perlas, he admitted that he met a doctor who was introduced to him by the PCSM doctor.

What is incredible with the whole incident between the SBP official and PCSM doctor is that several other people know the truth about it. Perhaps, these people are afraid to lose their jobs. They know very well what can happen if they tell on the SBP official.

But the difficult time that the PCSM people are giving me in getting a mere comment only tells and convinces me that the information that I got is true. If the SBP official truly did not ask for a negative medical certificate for Discovery Perlas, It will be so easy for the doctor and everyone else to come out and say that there is no truth to my information. I may be dumb. But I am certainly not that dumb not to realize what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment