Monday, November 21, 2011

THE 7 NEW WONDERS OF THE WORLD SCAM : WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A FILIPINO

I am being accused of being anti-Filipino by the people of Task Force Puerto Princesa for investigating the sham and scam that is the 7 New Wonders of the World. I was told to simply be happy that the underground river made it to the list and not bring down the country's pride with an investigation that aims to expose the anomalies in the 7 New Wonders of the World.

I simply do not see how conducting an investigation makes me anti-Filipino. Being a Filipino, it pains me to see the country being victimized and swindled of millions of hard-earned money. It is the Filipino in me that encourages me to open the eyes of my countrymen that their hard-earned money went to the pockets of the organizers through the text votes that they sent. A total of 24M text votes were sent in by Filipinos to make the underground river win. The 24M text votes represent 60M pesos of hard-earned money down the drain and into the pockets of those unscrupulous organizers.

I refuse to believe that Filipinos are incredibly naive and stupid to allow such a scam and sham to go unnoticed . Indonesia and Maldives have withdrawn from the competition as these countries have discovered the sham and scam that is the 7 New Wonders of the World. I certainly expect the Philippines to do the same to salvage its dignity and pride as an intelligent and principled nation.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tskristina,
    Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.
    I am not questioning the beauty of the underground river. Nor am I questioning the total votes cast for our pride. What I am zeroing in on are the foreign organizers who have made the search a money-making scheme. Why should we be proud to be a part of something that is shrouded with so many controversies and anomalies. Indonesia and Maldives have been forced to pay huge amounts of money. Clearly, the experience of these two countries show that the organizers are out to get big bucks.
    Keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, it just a big scam to robes government money on every country!

    ReplyDelete