Tuesday, May 17, 2011

AIR ATTACK : TWO THUMBS UP

When BC first told me that he was going to have a show, I was quite skeptical. I know he is a very funny guy but a show is all-together different. But to my surprise, his show, Air Attack, is turning out to be very entertaining as it airs on syndicateradio.tv every Tuesday at 8:00 - 10:00 pm New York time.

Aside from the funny conversation between BC and Joey, who is the other host of the show, Air Attack pulls in the laughs with its Starting Five segment. Starting Five is a list of 5 things that the hosts come up with. The topics are as wide and varied as they can get. Last time I watched the show, BC and Joey were presenting their own lists of top 5 personalities who fell from grace because of their indiscretions. The lists were funny and had international appeal that made me, a Filipino, laugh out loud. Unlike other American shows which tend to be too American, making it difficult for other nationalities to fully grasp and appreciate, BC and Joey make an effort to make their lists familiar to an international audience. Hence, people from the Philippines get to enjoy the lists and the jokes that go with them.

But what truly makes Air Attack very entertaining for me is the ability of the hosts to laugh at themselves. The show becomes a pleasure as the hosts appear to be just like your regular buddies. It really helps as well that they know current events, making the show very hip and relevant. Even sports news are discussed as they happen.

I hope that Air Attack lasts a lifetime for people to enjoy its brand of humor and entertainment. More power, and laughter, to my buddies, BC and Joey.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to the whole radio show. First of all, the humor is great. I've always believed that the best way to deal with barriers like racism and sexism is through humor. And the hosts are doing just that. They're laughing and joking about these realities and I so love it.

    The LeBron commercial diss was particularly entertaining.They chat about the NBA, celebrities like Justin Bieber, Paris Hilton, Arnold Schwarzenegger. These topics would make this radio show appeal to Filipino listeners instantly. I am now a fan of Air Attack.

    And of course, they mentioned us around 50-52 minute mark of the video.

    ReplyDelete