Sunday, March 13, 2011

MY ULTIMATE TALENTADOS : JOSEPH THE ARTIST AND THE BELIEVERS

I stayed up all night to catch the battle of the champions of Talentadong Pinoy. And I am glad I did. All the 9 champions gave the performances of their lives in the hope of winning the one million peso cash prize and the right to represent the Philippines in the World Championships of the Performing Arts.
Personally, Joseph the Artist and The Believers moved me the most with their performances. While most of the champions were spectacular, Joseph the Artist and The Believers did more than to amaze me. They moved me with their intelligent, sensitive and polished performances. Joseph the Artist told a story with sand as his medium of expression. The Believers, on the other hand, performed Defying Gravity from the musical play Wicked like true seasoned stage actresses. But what I truly admire about the two champions is their courage to present performances that may not be so popular with the masses. They opted to elevate the viewers' taste and appreciation for true talent which was a huge risk for both them.
In the end, it was Joseph the Artist who won the greatest approval from the judges and text voters. I am just happy for Joseph the Artist for he truly deserved to win the title of Ultimate Talentado. Together with The Believers, Joseph the Artist truly represents the ultimate in Filipino talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment