Saturday, June 25, 2016

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT DUTERTE

Dear Mr. President Duterte,
We have recently read about the appointment of Mr. Butch Ramirez as the new PSC chairman. And I strongly oppose, along with other parents, coaches and the entire PSL community, this appointment of yours and here is my number one reason. He has a graft and corruption case along with the ex Pagcor chief and PSI president Mark Joseph in Sandiganbayan as reported in the news
We believe that the Duterte administration is for change. But if this man comes back as the chairman of PSC what change would that be?
Mr. President, we have been fighting against corruption in sports for many years now. The past administration turned a blind eye on sports because they do not dare fight against Cojuangco and his evil and corrupt allies. But we stood bravely against them. Despite being powerless and penniless, we fought against these people who have been crippling the youth of this country. I read somewhere that you cannot stand people who abuse the kids of our country. And I shout out loud to you. Mr. President, that Cojuangco and his allies are the ones who are terrorizing the youth. What's the difference between them and the drug pushers or the kidnappers or rapist? For me, they are the same. For they have robbed the Filipino athletes their hope, faith and their rights to be heroes of our nation. How many athletes were not given a chance to compete for their country? How many athletes have been hungry just because they don't have enough money to buy their food? How many athletes have lost just because of the poor equipment that they used? They train so hard everyday to represent our country and yet are the ones being neglected because of the rampant corruption of higher officials. Mr. President I tell you please visit the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex and see for yourself the condition of this facility and our athletes.
If Mr Ramirez indeed created something good for the Philippine sports, then we should have built an excellent sports complex and produced a lot of gold medalists in Asian Games or in the Olympics during his term. I believe in the talent of the Filipino athletes. And I hate the Filipino politicians who waste taxpayers' money.
I voted for you because I thought you can bring change to our country. And I still believe that. So I hope that you will listen to the plea of your citizens. I am a mom of four kids and my eldest daughter is a swimmer that has been representing our country since she was 6 years old and has been making our country proud in as far as South Africa. I cannot stand the fact that the future of my kid along with other athletes are in the hands of this corrupt man. Please hear us out. Show us the change that is truly coming.
-Sincerely yours,
Joan Mojdeh
PSL NCR Director

No comments:

Post a Comment